I should apologize for this coming out two days late. But I won’t…
May 18, 2014
- Doctor Who – Titan comics release their first trailers for their Tenth and Eleventh Doctor comics.
- Doctor Who – Terrance Dicks considers David Tennant as the quintessential Doctor.
- Nebula Awards – Check out the winners.
- Captain America: The Winter Soldier – Reaches $700M worldwide.
- Doctor Who – The Day of the Doctor receives a BAFTA award.
- Godzilla – A sequel is now officially confirmed.
- Guardians of the Galaxy – First look at Lee Pace as Ronan the Accuser.
May 19, 2014
- Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice – Ben Affleck arrives in Detroit.
- The Amazing Spider-Man – The latest rumor claims Andrew Garfield signs a contract to return as Spider-Man until 2020.
- Star Wars – Based on a list of upcoming Hasbro toy lines, Red Five may be one of the spinoff movies Disney is planning.
- Guardians of the Galaxy – Trailer 2 lands.
- Harry Potter – Alfonso Cuaron may be lined up to direct the spinoff Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them.
- Transformers 4 – New international trailer lands.
- Wolverine – Hugh Jackman wants Wolverine to join the Avengers… Lol
- Star Wars Episode VII – Legendary poster artist Drew Sturzan will be returning for a Episode VII.
- Dungeons and Dragons – Everything you need to know about the updated fifth generation of the roleplaying game.
- Epic Rap Battles – New ERB pits Superman vs Goku.
- Twitch – Youtube reportedly buying out the videogame-streaming service.
May 20, 2014
- X-Men: Apocalypse – Quicksilver will return for the DoFP sequel, according to Simon Kinberg.
- MPH – Mark Millar sends the first issue of his new ongoing comic MPH to President Obama and every U.S. Senator in Washington.
- Teens React – Check out a video of teens reacting to Attack on Titan.
- Doctor Who – Matt Smith on the classic Doctor controversy for the 50th.
- Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice – Another picture of Gal Gadot on set as Wonder Woman. (Not in costume)
- Check out some pics of paleontologists laying down next to dinosaur fossils, after discovering a fossil belonging to the largest dinosaur purportedly on record.
- Jem and the Holograms – Juliette Lewis and Molly Ringwald join Jem and the Holograms.
- Avengers: Age of Ultron – Check out Hawkeye’s new costume…
- Lost River – Formerly titled How to Catch a Monster, a clip from Ryan Gosling’s new film has Matt Smith demand you look at his muscles.
- Crunchyroll – The popular anime streaming service announces it’s acquired Rebound, Ichi 1: Origin, Ring of Curse, and the Princess and the Pilot into its catalogue.
- Gambit – Channing Tatum briefly speaks about playing Gambit.
- Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice – Kevin Smith swears that Batman’s new suit is blue and grey.
- Jupiter Ascending – New international trailer for Channing Tatum/Mila Kunis’ new film lands.
May 21, 2014
- Doctor Who – Spoilery pics from Season 8 reveal not only the return of the Doctor’s orange spacesuit, but many orange spacesuits!
- Star Wars Episode VII – JJ Abrams shares a video from the set of Tatooine in which he introduces the new Force for Change charity, while also introducing us to our first new alien puppet, reminiscent of original trilogy.
- A man attacks a car with a sword in the attempt to slay the Tolkien character, the Dark Lord Morgoth. He was on LSD, unsurprisingly.
- Bryan Singer doesn’t think the Marvel vs Fox battle is healthy.
- Big Hero 6 – New teaser and poster lands.
- Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice – Officially titled, with title card.
- Godzilla – Sound designers will not disclose how they recreated that iconic roar in a waste of your time video you shouldn’t watch.
- Marvel Cinematic Universe – Eden Sher met with Marvel for a potential role.
May 22, 2014
- Wolverine – Hugh Jackman wants another Wolverine/Deadpool film. Not sure why.
- Big Hero 6 – The full trailer for the Disney/Marvel film lands.
- RWBY – Our first trailer for Rooster Teeth’s popular webseries RWBY, Volume 2 has landed!
- Transformers: Age of Extinction – Don’t bother watching this viral video, “The Fall of Chicago.”
- Sword Art Online II – New Japanese trailer for the second season of the popular anime Sword Art Online looks nothing like Sword Art Online.
- Sword Art Online II – Crunchyroll announces it’ll stream it.
- Star Wars – Gareth Edwards, director of Godzilla, will be directing the first spinoff Star Wars film, popularly believed to be about bounty hunter Boba Fett.
- Jurassic World – The map of the island/theme park has leaked.
May 23, 2014
- Star Wars Episode VII – Twins Thea and Liana Shengelaya have shot scenes for the upcoming film.
- Super Smash Bros. – Ike from Fire Emblem has been announced as returning to the new Nintendo game.
- Star Wars Episode VII – Colin Baker (the Sixth Doctor’s) name has been placed onto IMDB as a character named Nexus.
- X-Men: Days of Future Past – Hugh Jackman talks about the ending of the film, and reiterates interest in an old man Logan.
- Doctor Who – Series 8’s first teaser underwhelms, but confirms an August air date.
- Ant-Man – In shocking news, Edgar Wright leaves his labor of love project, Ant-Man.
- X-Men: Apocalypse – Simon Kinberg explains that this film will present Apocalypse as the Darkest Leader, and that it’ll be a film of extinction level carnage.
May 24, 2014
- Doctor Who – Big Finish announces that Tom Baker and Louise Jameson have completed their run of recordings for the upcoming Fourth Doctor series.
- Joss Whedon shows support for Edgar Wright in Twitter pic.
- Drew Goddard departs the upcoming Daredevil series, and Steven DeKnight is declared the new showrunner.
- Toonami – Dragon Ball Z Kai and Cowboy Bebop are heading to Toonami.
- Marvel Cinematic Universe – Have the rights to Namor been officially reclaimed by Marvel?
5 thoughts on “Geekritique News Roundup – Week of 05/18/14”
I don’t feel so great about the Twitch thing…
How come? (This isn’t me being aggressive, just curious). Honestly don’t have an opinion on the matter.
It feels like a lot of services are being concentrated under individual companies (ie. Google!) and I can’t see why they would be any better managed this way. I don’t know all that much either, but I’m leery of most information going through the same conduit
Ah yes. The Google. It’s basically on its way to ruling the world. It already owns the internet. In its most basic answer, these big companies buy out smaller websites where they see profit.
Google is uncomfortably omnipresent 😛