Hello again friends, two days in a row with my roundup, I know. I was nearly a week behind the last two weeks and I just couldn’t let myself slack off so much this week as well. So, without further ado, the best geek news I picked up this week, with links to their respective articles!
July 13, 2014
- Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice – Photographer (and BvS cinematographer) Clay Enos teased a “historic” photo shoot, which many believe must be the trinity together (Batman, Superman, and Wonder Woman).
- Dawn of the Planet of the Apes – Scores $70+M on its opening weekend!
- Guillermo del Toro talks Game of Thrones and Lord of the Rings.
- The Magicians – Syfy orders lev Grossman’s The Magicians to series.
- Pixar – Get a first look at Pixar’s new animated short, Lava.
- Transformers: Age of Extinction – Becomes the highest grossing film of 2014, currently sitting at $752.5M.
- Doctor Who – At last! The official series 8 trailer has aired.
- SDCC ’14 – Full Comic-Con schedules have been posted.
July 14, 2014
- Hellboy 3 – Probably not happening.
- Jurassic World – The in-movie visitor guide has been leaked online.
- Avengers: Age of Ultron – Stan Lee films cameo.
- Super Smash Bros. – Adds more Fire Emblem characters and brings back Captain Falcon.
- Doctor Who – Titan comics to launch their Tenth/Eleventh Doctor comics at SDCC ’14.
- Big Hero 6 – Voice cast officially confirmed for the Disney/Marvel animation.
July 15, 2014
- Guardians of the Galaxy – 17th official TV Spot, is officially the best TV Spot. “I am Groot!”
- Star Trek – Watch the trailer for the new fanmade webseries “The Redshirt a Diaries”.
- Dragon Ball Z – A new animated film is in the works.
- Big Hero 6 – New trailer lands!
- Game of Thrones – Keisha Castle-Hughes reportedly joins cast as one of Oberyn Martell’s sisters.
- Gotham – A potential Joker will be teased every episode, apparently.
- Ant-Man – Kevin Feige discusses the directorial issues they’ve been having.
- Marvel Comics – Thor is now a woman, as revealed on The View.
- Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. – To go head to head with the Flash. Begins airing September 23rd.
- Studio Ghibli – Their new film, the Tale of Princess Kayuga, arrives in America on October 17th.
- Dawn of the Planet of the Apes – Director Matt Reeves speaks out about what’s next for the franchise.
- Power Rangers – The reboot may be written by the X-Men: First Class writers.
- Gotham – New trailer, entitled The Good, The Bad, The Beginning released.
- You, Me & Her – Check out the trailer for an indie short film about a girl who meets 30 different versions of herself and they’re all better than her.
- Dragon Ball Z: Light of Hope – This fan film trailer looks better than the actual live-action Hollywood production.
July 16, 2014
- Arrow/The Flash – The second episode of Arrow’s 3rd season is called Sara. The third episode of the Flash’s 1st season is called Things You Can’t Outrun.
- Avengers: Age of Ultron – Keving Feige talks about the Avengers headquarters and the Hulkbuster suit.
- Daredevil – Will be a standalone series before bringing in the Marvel Cinematic Universe.
- Avengers: Age of Ultron – Our first official look at the highly anticipated film appears on Entertainment Weekly’s cover.
- Seconds – Bryan O’Malley, creator of Scott Pilgrim’s, new graphic novel is out this week.
- Daredevil – Peter Shinkoda cast as Hachiro in the Netflix series.
- Marvel Comics – The Colbert Report set to reveal new comic.
- Marvel Comics – Marvel releases a picture of what unworthy Thor looks like.
- Akira – Apparently Dante Harper is set to pen the script for the highly anticipated live action Akira adaption.
- Frozen – Becomes the highest selling BluRay disc ever in Japan on its first day, at 661,000 copies.
July 17, 2014
- Marvel Comics – The Colbert Report announces that the new Captain America is Sam Wilson aka The Falcon.
- Marvel Comics – Check out the new Iron Man suit.
- Avengers: Age of Ultron – Apparently Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch are on “Team Ultron”.
- Doctor Who – BBC updates on the current leaking of episodes/scripts and thanks fans for being cooperative.
- Daredevil – Karen Ann Woll to play Karen Page.
- Guardians of the Galaxy – Check out this new clip that’s been released.
- Avengers: Age of Ultron – Cast and crew chat about the upcoming film.
- Kingdom Hearts – No fair. Japan gets a big a Kingdom Hearts II.5 HD ReMIX box set!
- Avengers: Age of Ultron – The onscreen origins of Paul Bettany’s ‘the Vision’ character have been revealed.
- Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice – The Batmobile may be tearing up the streets of Detroit August 6-9th.
July 18, 2014
- Daredevil – Actors Charlie Cox & Elden Henson have been spotted on set, without costumes.
- Star Trek – Zachary Quinto, who plays the new Spock, claims he doesn’t wish to direct any Star Trek, and speaks out about the series after Star Trek 3.
- Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D./Agent Carter – A new SDCC ’14 banner shows both series together.
- Doctor Who – Barrowman doesn’t expect to return as Captain Jack Harkness.
- Guardians of the Galaxy – An extended clip has been released.
- The Flash – Wentworth Miller cast as Captain Cold, who will be introduced in episode 4.
- Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice – Debris strewn around set.
- Captain America 3 – Marvel isn’t “altering” Cap 3, despite Batman v Superman’s date.
- Arrow/The Flash – Episode 8 of both series will double as a two-hour crossover event.
- Marvel Cinematic Universe – Marvel dates 5 untitled films through to 2019, some of which will most likely be revealed next Saturday.
July 19, 2014
- Guardians of the Galaxy – The first impressions begin rolling in, although full reviews are currently still embargoed.
- The Flash – Episode 4 will be titled Going Rogue.
- Doctor Who – The Cybermen recreate a classic moment in Doctor Who history in new set pics from the series 8 finale.
- Studio Ghibli – All soundtracks to their films finally uploaded to iTunes.
- Dawn of the Planet of the Apes – Set to remain number 1 at the box office a second weekend in a row.
- Dragon Ball Z – Tadayoshi Yamamuro is set to direct the new animated film.