I want to thank all of my followers, commenters, and likers here on WordPress for being with me over the course of the year, helping me adapt, shape, and grow Geekritique into the blog it is today. A year ago, on February 12, 2014, I posted my first entry, a review of the short Marvel One Shot: All Hail the King. A year later, and my favorite posts are still my reviews.
Of course, the way I review things has changed somewhat. I began with a ten-point rating system. But that became a tad limited for me, so I chose to change that on May 13th. Since then it’s been a hundred-point rating system, in a sense making it a percentile appreciation scale.
My top posts, for better or worse, are mostly not reviews, but here they are:
1. The Top 20 Most Anticipated Anime of Summer 2014
2. The Marvel Cinematic Universe Chronological Timeline
3. The Flash – 1×01 “Pilot” (EPISODE REVIEW)
4. The Best Science Fiction and Fantasy Books of 2014
5. The First Five Scripts for Doctor Who Series 8 Have Leaked
6. The 25 Most Anticipated Science Fiction & Fantasy Book of 2015
I do wish I had something better planned for my first year anniversary, but I didn’t put much thought into it. Just know it’s been a wonderful year for me, and I can’t wait to geek out some more. I hope you’ve enjoyed my posts, my ramblings, my opinions, and my critiques. I can’t wait for another great year, writing and reviewing as Geekritique. Thanks guys. I’m so proud of my blog, and feel so blessed to still be as excited about it, if not more, a year later.